Saturday 20 September 2008

'Come dance with me'

Yesterday was my first Friday. These are the days at the end of the week when we have to perform a song in front of our fellow 'piers' and classmates. I was a little bit nervous about the whole thing, a few people got up and there were a few mistakes which is natural, then I got up. I got put with a band who were good musicians but just couldn't work together. We sorted out an ending to do where the guitarist will solo for 24 bars then it will do a 2 bar like fill and finish. I said 'look at me when you want me to finish'

He thought it'd be funny to carry on for 48 bars and would look at me for the whole thing. I just didn't have a clue when to finish, so I finished where I thought was right. The guitarist then came over and said 'Why finish there?'

The tutor got the microphone and said to the audience

'Was it me, or was that shite?'

I was like 'That's mental, no one helped me at all'

And I basically got the blame for it all, so embarrassing especially the fact that it was my first time to perform in front of other musicians and now i'm going to look terrible. :(

That's behind me now though....

Came home and had a massive headache due to stress and what not so we thought we'd end the night with a nice little Indian, turned out it was so expensive and took about an hour to get here. We still tipped him.

Steve was on the phone to Natasha and I thought i'd take this time for my advantage and go on his mac. I started a IChat with Dean which was great. Steve was not impressed.

Love x

No comments: